There is an indication leading you to the conclusion that a node cannot be added to a cluster and steps to follow to correct the problem.
- You issue the mmcrcluster or mmaddnode command and receive the message:
- Node nodeName was not added to the cluster. The node appears to already belong to a GPFS™ cluster.
- Run the mmlscluster command to verify that the node is not in the cluster.
- If the node is not in the cluster, issue this command on the node that could not be added:
- Reissue the mmaddnode command.